Friday, January 2, 2009

Home Schooling

Okay, I know I owe my loyal viewers lots of holiday pictures and updates, not to mention info about Sammy's hospital stay. And that is all coming, I swear. But first, for your entertainment:

Yesterday Sammy's uncle said, "Hey Sam, I want to see if your mother is teaching you anything. What is 1+1?"

Sammy didn't know.

Actually, Sammy might have been asked, "Does your mother teach you anything?"

And Sammy told me later, "I lied, and said yes!"

(You see, Sammy and the rest of the ill-informed public believes that you can only learn by doing stupid worksheets.)

This morning, before 9am, here are a smattering of questions Sammy asked me.

"Mom, what are white blood cells?"
"What is bacteria?"
"Why do grownups have hair on their privates?"
"Why don't men have boobs?"
"Does everyone have nipples?"
"Can poop come out of your penis?"
"When you drink water, does it immediately come out as pee?"
"Do white blood cells have mouths?"
"How can you bend if you have bones?"
"Do you have hair on your legs?"
"What if you and Dad die and we are still little kids?"
"How come it seems warm in here now, but earlier this room seemed cold? How does that work?"


Yeah, poor kid, not learning anything.

(And we won't even mention the complete joy his father and I felt about him being quizzed like that!)

1 comment:

pamajama said...

So is the person or persons who asked those stupid f'ing questions still alive? If so, why? Should I ask you 20 more questions?

They would never be as entertaining as, "Can poop come out of your penis?" That even beats the girl in my 5th grade health class who asked if black people have black bones & if you can get pregnant if a boy pees on you.

Sammy wins.