Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Perception

I just have to put up a quick post here. The other day, my friend came over for the afternoon. Every time I am with her I feel like the worlds worst mother. She is so great with the kids and she never says no. She makes me remember that we should all stop saying no and say yes more. That the kids will never remember what the house looked like, but they will remember if Mommy ever played with them. While she was here I had a roast in the crock pot. I literally put the roast in the crock pot, cut up some potatoes and onion and dumped a can of mushroom soup in it. It smelled heavenly. And when it was time to eat my children made gagging noises and I had to make them hot dogs. My friend should also know that while the middle of the floors may have been vacuumed, the edges certainly weren't, and they desperately need mopping. And one more thing - this beautiful child that I adopted who didn't speak any English? Now he says in his most stern voice "Stop It! Go to bed right now!" Guess who he is imitating?



I don't have time to blog, but here are some pictures! Making cookies and playing with a new toy (the ball, not the laundry basket!)


3 comments:

pamajama said...

I'm glad I'm so good for your self-esteem -- "world's worst mother" -- yikes! Consider the fact that you ACTUALLY fed them hot dogs after they refused your meal. I probably didn't even feed my family the FIRST TIME that evening. As for the edges of the floors and the mopping -- F THAT! I think you should teach J. to say, "EAT CHOCOLATE! TAKE A BREAK, MOMMY! YOU ARE THE BEST!"

pamajama said...

I kind of like the idea that the laundry basket is the toy . . .

Roxanne said...

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1405371426