Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More firsts

So many things are a first. Just about everything we do! Nick had to show Johnley how to jump in the leaves, but true to form, once he learned, he did it for hours!



On tuesday we all went to Chuckee Cheese. It was insane. I met my two friends. One has two teenage boys and the other a 10 yr. old girl. And here I come with my brood! At one point we lost Cara (ssshhh, don't tell her mother!) but she was over by the TV. And Sammy and Owen had an actual fist fight at the end over a pair of mittens. Yeah, I'm pretty sure they won't be coming with me anymore! Anyway, Johnley LOVED it (because of course, what's not to love!) He went on the photo ride 13 times. And he posed for everyone! It was really cute.
Thursday was Thanksgiving. I'm not a big thanksgiving person, don't know why, its never been that important to me. But we made our turkeys



And it was Johnleys first so I remembered to take a few pictures. This is Nicks family. The dinner, of course, was superb, we ate too much and went home and passed out! (Me, Nick, Sammy and Johnley) Really, it was like we were drugged! Then Joe and his kids came over for dessert. All in all, a very nice day.

On friday Nick and I actually did some black friday shopping - from 3:30am to 6:30am! Back home before the kids woke up! Then Nick went out throughout the weekend to pick up this and that. We are almost done with our shopping! Friday we took the boys to the mall, had dinner, went on some rides, etc. It was fun, again, first for Johnley! He is beginning to take it all in stride! We went to see the bee movie on sunday, and when the lights went out he didn't even blink! I thought for sure that might be a problem, but no, it was all good.

Later that day I went to my friend Lauras for a card/ornament making party. She throws these parties every year, and they are so much fun. Here are some of the ornaments I made.

And Laura made these blankets for the boys. They love them. Thank you Laura!



And finally, I have managed to decorate for Christmas. Nick did the outside and I did the inside. I kept it a little simple and of course we don't have the tree yet, but otherwise we are done! This is my favorite ornament. I hang it in a window between my kitchen and family room. I am so glad they started making adoption ornaments.
So all in all, a great week. Johnley is really doing wonderful. He crys only sometimes now, and even then only for a short time. He still has trouble with transitions, but what 4 year old doesn't? And for the record, it takes just over a month to go from never hearing about spiderman, to wanting to wear the spiderman shirt and shoes! He is truly American now!







2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Yay- an update- Great pictures! I can't get over how much your nieces grew! They are young ladies now! Was there a little disagreement at the Chuck E Cheese? I hadn't noticed. ;0)

pamajama said...

My favorite is the Spiderman picture. He looks so proud of himself!