Saturday, November 10, 2007

Peace and quiet

I am home alone! T went on a sleepover with her church, Sammy is with Aunt Teri, and Johnley is shopping with Daddy. Life is good. As I sit here in the quiet, I can see my life more clearly and calmly. Johnley is adjusting as expected. There are about ten meltdowns a day, maybe about breakfast, or getting dressed, or brushing teeth...one never knows. But that is more about being adopted at 4 than being adopted internationally. I know this from my experience with T.

Sammy and Johnley are doing just as expected, also. They are not exactly friends, not exactly enemies. They are still sizing each other up. That is equally about adopting at 4 and international adopting, I think. Johnley is behind the power curve on American culture. He is more comfortable playing with Care (18mos.) and her toys. But there are times when they enjoy each other. They both need equal time with Mommy and Daddy, and they both make sure they get it. But while I am home alone, I think I can safely say that I think we are doing alright and that we are going to make it.

4 comments:

pamajama said...

It's so important that you get at least an hour a week, in your own home, to yourself! Imperative! Just do it!

pamajama said...

Okay, I've read this 12 times now. Time for an update. You are only taking care of five children, how hard can that be? HAHAHAHAHA!

Johnley gave me a kiss on the cheek and said my name on Monday. I am SO-O-O-O lucky.

Roxanne said...

Yes, Aimee, I second that!Put down the Bon-Bons, get out of the bubble bath, quit reading that novel- and post an update already! Your loyal readers demand it!!!
Note to Pam- you are truly the luckiest girl in the world! I've haven't gotten a kiss yet- of course the only time I saw him in person I had green paint all over my face and gave him a cupcake with a bug on it.

Aimee said...

Yes, thats right. You did give him a cupcake with a bug on it! I forgot about that!