Thursday, November 15, 2007

Update at last

Okay, sorry fans! I haven't written in a while because it seemed like there wasn't anything new to report. But I realized last night that I will quickly forget Johnleys behavior and the purpose of this blog was to document just that. This week has been crazy. I have had Dr. appts everyday. On Monday, we took Sammy for a follow up visit and was told he needed a chest xray. Then we came home, had a quick lunch and left for Taishaunas voice and piano lessons. The voice lessons are 1 hour and piano is 1 hour, so I have to find a way to entertain the kids during that time. This time wasn't too bad, Owen had brought his new Spiderman movie over and Johnley had just gotten a new football. So we played catch for a while and then watched the movie. They got bored by the end so we went inside and they stayed pretty quiet.
Tuesday Taishauna volunteers at the library so we dropped her off went to the store. Johnley was a little confused by us dropping her off and gave me a little bit of a hard time going into the store. He finally agreed to sit in the back of the cart with Cara in front. Of course I have been telling Sammy his whole life that we are not allowed to do that, but oh well! Then we went back into the library. Cara was off and running the whole time we were there (15 minutes, felt like an hour!) and Johnley decided to empty one of the shelves onto the floor! So that was fun! The librarian that is in charge of the volunteers had been homeschooled his whole life. He told me that he would be willing to document her activities for our 'portfolio', if we so desire. I told him that this year was just to get our feet wet and we would begin documenting next year. But it was so nice of him to offer.
Anyway, we got back from the library and I was DONE! But all the kids took naps (Johnley and Sammy for about 5 minutes) and after nap I took Johnley to buy shinguards and cleats, while Taishauna watched the rest of the kids. Owen had just woken up and Cara was still sleeping when I left, but leaving her with the kids was incredibly nerve-wracking non-the-less.
Anyway, I wanted to get the stuff for Johnley because the kids had a make-up game at 6 and the last time I took Johnley he threw a fit. I assumed it was because he wanted to play. So I got him (and the other two) all suited up and fed and went to the field. He played for a little while but then just wanted to sit on my lap. I think he might have wanted to play but wasn't sure what was going on. But at least he had the option.

Wednesday is my day without Owen and Cara, and I guess I was expecting a down day so I had a really hard time getting motivated. But I had to take Sammy for an x-ray and then T for a physical at 12. Johnley threw a fit at the hospital while we were waiting to see if the xray was okay, he just decided he was done. He cried all the way home and it really pissed me off. I know I was tired, but I just felt like it was 4 year old bratty behavior, so I sent him to his room when we got home. Sent to his room sounds deceiving. I carried him to his bed and yelled "Kabon!" (which is bed) and walked away. After he calmed down he was fine, laughing and smiling. Meanwhile, I was still pissed off!

Anyway, Erin came over to watch the boys while I took Taishauna. We fed them all lunch and then Jane stopped by with her school bus and all the kids went on it. They thought it was the coolest thing ever! So I took T to her doctor ( I also took Cara) and he is worried that she has scoliosis. So I have to take her to an orthopedic surgeon.

We had drama on Wed. afternoon. This time Megan and Declan and Deegan (sp?) came back to our house to hang out. Its been really hard keeping the kids busy during drama. All the kids had fun but Johnley brought his most treasured photo album and shamelessly flirted with Megan the whole time. It was so sweet.

Okay, that is it for now. Not that anyone wanted my schedule, I just wanted to document how shitty my week was!

Johnley is getting more and more attached to me which is so wonderful. The last couple of nights he wanted me to lay with him to go to sleep so Sammy had to settle for Daddy! (who always gets up and leaves the room before the kid is asleep. when I call him on it he always says "He was asleep" NO HE WASN'T! And then has to go back and lay with him. sheeessh , Men!)
Johnley woke up last night calling for me. I cannot get out of bed in the middle of the night. I try, I want to, but I just can't. So Nick gets up, goes to the boys room and then heads off to the bathroom! And then I hear Johnley calling me again! REALLY? So I get up and go lay with him. Nick comes back and says "Well, I looked in on him but he was asleep!" I don't think he knows what that word means!

1 comment:

pamajama said...

I seem to be hearing of more kids with scoliosis -- augh. Johnley is so sweet with you, the French accent with the mommy -- oh my. But allowing him to flirt with Megan? Oh no, this is not going to work for me. What were you thinking?