Saturday, November 10, 2007

Timely visit

Sue came by to visit me yesterday. Boy, I don't think she will do that again anytime soon! Yesterday I had to take Sammy to the doctor. His fever was lasting 4 days and he was complaining of earaches. I got the boys ready (you know, with all the drama that entails) and cleaned up last night's dishes (because if mommy doesn't, nobody will) and left Taishauna home to play with her friend. As I predicted, Johnley flipped out at the Doctors. I had promised Sammy a new toy if he could go in and be really big and brave to show Johnley that it was okay. Sammy said, "Sure, but Johnley has to go first!" But Sammy did go first and was very good. The Dr. recognized that he wouldn't be able to examine Johnley, but gave me some samples for his congestion, as well as 4 prescriptions for Sammy. He sent the boys away with a lollipop each - good thinkin!

We went to Walmart across the street to get some necessities (Clorox wipes!) as well as a toy. I tried to get my prescriptions filled there for the one stop shopping thing, but it turns out, I don't have an insurance card! So we get a toy each and Johnley has had it. He is hungry and whining. I get the boys in the car, come home and pick up T and her friend so I they can sit in the car with the boys while I get the medicine from my pharmacy, where they have a card on file. I fill out my calendar while I am waiting (aren't I the efficient one) and get everyone home. I give the boys their medicine, feed them lunch and let them play for a few before nap. At this point I am just praying I survive until nap.

Sue calls, says shes close and wants to stop by. We sit down to chat and Sammy starts clinging (nothing new, he has been on my lap for three days because he is sick). But he is being especially whining and I am trying to get him to leave me alone for a moment so I can talk to Sue. All of a sudden he says uh-oh and dashes to the bathroom to throw up. Except he doesn't make it. He started about two feet from the bathroom door in the family room and covered the whole bathroom too - walls, doors, himself, etc.

Great.

So I get out the bucket, clean it up, clean him up, cover everything with bleach and start a load of wash. I am thinking two things. 1. If I were Sue, I would run gagging from the house, and 2. If Taishauna finds out she is going to move out. So I do all the cleaning as fast and as quietly as I can. To her credit, Sue stayed and talked to Johnley while I cleaned and then visited with me for a few more minutes before she left.

I am certain in this knowledge: Sue is very glad she is not me!

But after she left, the boys napped (for a long time) and my faith in the world was restored!

1 comment:

pamajama said...

Oh, I am so glad that the word "Sue" is in this blog entry and not the word "Pam," when it comes to the whole barf issue. Thank you, Sue, whoever you are!