Thursday, August 14, 2008

Maturity

Okay, after yesterday's COMPLETELY immature act of waking T up at 6am, I feel I have redeemed myself.

You see, Sammy (and now Johnley) have taken to putting their spider man costumes on over their clothes and then putting long pants and long-sleeved shirts on over them....so they can really be Peter Parker - have spider sense- and rip off their clothes to be spider man.

You have no idea how much more cleaning up and possible laundry is involved here. I think its really cute, but I REALLY wish they would stop doing it. At least take it down to 1 or 2 days a week, instead a 1 or 2 times a day!

Anyway, the other day Sammy came out with this outfit on and I blurted out, "Now you just look fat." I had no idea he would be so offended. (where does a 5 year old slim kid get such an aversion to being called fat?) I quickly told him I was only kidding and he did indeed look like Peter Parker.

Now for the mature part. As I was tying his shoe today (he had taken the costume and extra clothes off because we were leaving the house) I realized that all I had to do was tell him that every time he put those outfits on he just looked fat. Then he would probably never do it again. And I would have killed a little boys heart just a little. So I kept my mouth shut.

Universe: 787377373211 Me: 1

No comments: