Sunday, February 3, 2008

Brudder

We are hearing the word 'brudder' around here alot. The two of them seem to be trying it out. The other day they were doing this thing where one would lay on the floor, the other would help him up, and the one would say, "Thank you, brudder." Too cute.

Yesterday it was all about ganging up on daddy. Of course, you have to gang up on daddy, because daddy doesn't play fair. The boys got nerf guns from Joe for xmas, and they usually end up with daddy having one, and the kids having one. So first daddy just keeps all the bullets they shoot, so then they're screwed. Then the kids start doing that, and daddy goes and gets the bag of bullets off the top of the fridge (that he stashed there). The kids don't care; they now believe whoever ends up with the most bullets wins! This all involves lots of screaming and running around. It is really hard not to get caught up with nerf guns, and more often than not, you will see T running around with one. But inevitably the boys will be a team, brudder with brudder.

Johnley is so confused, poor thing. He doesn't exactly know what a mom is, or does. Last night he didn't want to go to bed and he said he was mad at me. I was getting ready to read their story and Sammy was lying next to me. Johnley wanted Sammy to be mad at me, too. Cuz they're brudders. It was as if he needed someone to always be on his side and he is trying to figure out who it is. It dawned on me that he doesn't really understand a mothers love, he doesn’t' get that it doesn't go away, ever. I'm gonna have to work on that. He did tell me (as he climbed into bed) that he was my friend, so that's something.

Today we are having a Daddy b'day/Pre-superbowl party. Nicks b'day isn't for a few days, but I like to celebrate b'days with Joe's kids as much as possible. And I say Pre-superbowl because we will be in bed before the superbowl even starts, practically. The good news is Joe bought Nick nerf guns, so this should be a very interesting evening!

As an aside, I am having the most fun with the sneaky chef. The kids are loving the food, mostly. I hid yams and carrots in the spag. sauce last night, had it with whole wheat pasta, and the kids gobbled it up. T had the meatballs, with spinach hidden in them (and she loved them), but the boys wouldn't eat them. They didn't even taste them, tho, so it wasn't the spinach. Anyway, they have all asked for another batch of the breakfast cookies, which just have wholewheat cereal and whole wheat flour. We were eating them the other day, and my friend R started to ask for one, and then remembered that I was doing this and wouldn't even try one....chicken! I haven't made the brownies yet, but I think I might try them on Joe's kids tonight. They HATE veggies!

2 comments:

pamajama said...

Love, love, love the "brudder" thing. And I'm very entertained that you're now poisoning them with vegetables!

It's always been my belief that kids beat their parents down and win at almost everything because they have the time to think up sneaky stuff.

You've beat them at their own game!

Roxanne said...

I am not a chicken- but for all know you are putting chicken in cookies now.