Monday, March 10, 2008

Wasted Worry

I so don't have time to post this, but what the hey. Life with a teenager is such a roller coaster. Last week I was convinced that I had ruined her completely - she was too shy, she was never going to make friends, she was doomed to a life of misery.

And then we had our 4-H group and she worked her experiment table like a pro - with children and adults alike. She looked like she did this for a living. They were her experiments and she had so much fun she asked if we could do it again next week.



And on Saturday she went to an acquaintances confirmation party. She didn't know this girl well, didn't know who would be there, and didn't know what they would be wearing. She wanted to go and was willing to walk into the unknown, by herself. I give her credit for that. She winged it and came out smelling like a rose! She had a blast - danced with everyone the whole time and talked and laughed with children and adults. Spent lots of time with new and old friends.

Then she got a phone call from her bff - who she was beginning to think didn't like her anymore, and accepted an offer of a sleep over and spending all day Sunday together! Again, she had a blast. (turns out bff just has no time, what with school stuff all the time!)

And again, I learn about wasted worry!

(I tried a million times to upload photos, but it won't let me...I'll post them later)

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

So glad T had fun at the party.
I was having a lot of trouble with uploading pics on blogger also. I had to do it one pic at a time and it took forever!

Roxanne said...

Hey- I answered your donut questions in my comments and I am awarding you a "You Make my Day" Blogger award- check out my blog for details.