Thursday, June 5, 2008

Different Planets

I woke up early this am and decided to check email, blogs, groups, etc. One thing led to another and I ended up on Oprah's blog. I read about her 21 day cleanse and her "Are you happy?" show.

I gotta say....one of us is crazy!

"Are you satisfied with your life at this moment?"

The smell of urine is a daily occurrence for me. My two little guys sleep with me (and I wouldn't have it any other way) and they both wear pull ups. Sammy is probably ready to get rid of his, Johnley, not at all! So when I roll over at night and lift up the covers, chances are I am going to get hit in the face with the smell of urine. Add to that the fact that our 11 year old house guest is a bed wetter, and Johnley's pull ups don't always do the trick, and I am washing urine soaked sheets at least 3 days a week. And we won't even talk about how often I have to clean the toilet (and the surrounding area, because we are dealing with three boys here!). Satisfied????? Not so much!

"My friend sent over her cook, and I had no idea there were so many options with vegetables." And "I thought conscience eating was to just eat when you are hungry, but now I see that you need to be aware of what the animals have been through before you put them in your mouth!"
(I am seriously paraphrasing here...)

Yesterday when I mopped the dining room (and let me tell you, that is a MAJOR cleaning day) I pushed the table back and realized that the sides of the table are all sticky. The whole table and the chairs need to be scrubbed because I have a million little sticky hands running around here. Hell, who am I kidding, this whole damn house needs to be scrubbed! Now I'm imagining stickiness everywhere, followed by germs and ants. Yuck! Yep, let me put that on my schedule.

My vegan chef fed-exed food to us in Vegas, we will be eating lasagna on the plane.

My boys woke up this am (when Markeese came out at 6 to tell me he wet the bed - I had him change his clothes, sleep on the top bunk, and stripped his bed and put a load in the wash) and I had put my tea cup down and go lay with them until they fell back asleep. It was the longest 40 minutes of my life. I wanted to start my day, maybe take a shower, watch the news, sit and stare out the window, anything. But I HAD to lay there, perfectly still, so my little angels would get enough sleep and be able to handle the day, what ever it may bring. (After about 10 minutes, which seemed like an hour, I realized Johnley wasn't asleep. He smiled and said, "Nope, I am waiting for it to be morning!" He finally fell back asleep!)

Sunday was perfection. I only got out of my pj's to get a massage. Ah, much needed rest, I was running on empty!

Yesterday, I had Owen and it was raining. We had an awesome homeschooling day, though. Taishauna is working with grammar and math with absolutely no complaining. Markeese is doing practice tests to pass fifth grade (with a LOT of complaining!). The boys and I started making alphabet books that involved cutting, gluing, and drawing. Of course there was drama all around. Every time some one found a cool picture there were meltdowns and we said apple so many times (we were looking for a words) that Johnley got hungry and had to stop and eat.

I won't go into any more details, but lets just say that it was a very loooong day. The house got cleaned (relatively speaking,!), the kids got fed (relatively speaking!), they all learned something (relatively speaking!). I passed out at 8:30 with the kids and only woke up 4 times with hot flashes!


Seriously, are we living on the same planet??

1 comment:

pamajama said...

I particularly like the urine paragraph. We have just finished that part of our lives and it all sounded so completely familiar.

Amazing how pee can just become another liquid, oh well.

Oprah is in fucking fantasy land and she's too ridiculous to even realize it. I wish one of her dogs would pee on her.

I especially hate it when she goes on and on about mothering being the hardest job in the world. Talk about a politically correct statement, considering the audience!