Wednesday, January 30, 2008

3 Months

So, I bought the book, The Sneaky Chef, and I LOVE it. I made the chocolate chip cookies and meatloaf and everybody gobbled it up. Yesterday I mixed sardines with tuna for Owen, just to see if he would eat it. He loved it! Erin said she is not eating at my house anymore. Someone should have done this for Erin a long time ago, she is the pickiest eater I know.



It is hard to believe Johnley has only been here for 3 months. He and Sammy are getting along so well, it is a joy to watch. They are so funny. The other night they were hiding from Daddy and Uncle Joe. There was major excitement and cries of "Hurry up, Sammy, they're coming!" as they both ran into the back bathroom. Of course, Daddy and Uncle Joe had to be told they were supposed to be looking for them, so Joe stood quietly outside the door until it cracked open and then jumped in with a big roar! Only to find Sammy on the toilet! Who goes to hide in the bathroom and decides to use it?!? It was pretty funny. We figured Joe helped Sammy move it along!


Of course, when they get mad at each other I hear, "You're not my brother!" Sorry guy, you can't take that back! You are stuck with each other!

In three months...Johnley has an amazing grasp of the English language. Unless he is very tired, he really doesn't cry anymore. He enjoys playing the same games that Sammy does. He dresses himself, brushes his own teeth. He can ride a bike. He has survived Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years! He doesn't really remember creole or the names of anyone at the village (and that is not for lack of trying on my part - I have shown him the pictures from day one) I would be willing to bet he doesn't really remember not living here. He has stopped being afraid that he is getting ripped off. He trusts that he will get his fair share, now. He sleeps with us every night, has no problem with pajamas or blankets (I just remembered how he would take the sheets off his bed!) He has mastered the Game boy and the V-smile.

Three short months....

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

There has never been a time that I've been hiding from someone where I haven't gotten a sudden urge to use a bathroom.
So cute!
And I was just telling someone how well Johnley is doing with his adjustment to America- it's amazing to watch.