Thursday, January 24, 2008

The good and the bad

So I haven't committed 100% to this next adoption. Nick has, tho. He contacted the adoption agency and said to move ahead. Their first step is to send the social worker to interview Taishauna about her feelings about it. I told Nick until he comes up with a plan for the money and I find out this girls background, I am not committing. Of course the stars always align for Nick because the interest rates dropped and the mortgage company called and wanted to know if we want to refinance. So it looks like we might be able to refinance with extra for the adoption. We should find out soon. I am not going to think about it till we know for sure. That's the good.

The bad? Well, Johnley got his first shot. He is so brave he didn't even cry. Although I think he was so surprised he didn't have time to react. And then everybody made such a big deal about his not crying, he just went with it. But that's not the bad.
The doctor wrote a prescription for a bazillion lab tests, that of course he wanted right away. So I took him to the lab with Sammy in tow. First they need a urine sample. Okaaaaay. So I take two four year old boys into the bathroom to get a urine sample from one of them. Yeah, there weren't too many questions and inappropriate comments about that! Then we go back into the room. She has Johnley sit on my lap. I turn his head away from the needle (and Sammy is practically laying on my other arm) and she starts. Johnley screams, Sammy immediately starts rubbing his head, telling him its okay and I try to calm him down. He does calm down and because my doctor is a nut, we have to wait forever for her to finish. I promise him a toy after this is over because he is breaking my heart, and Sammy starts whining that he wants one too. We are done. But that is not the bad either.
The bad is that she informs me that she needs a stool sample. A STOOL sample. That I have to get. Are you kidding me???? She explains how to do it, but my head is spinning so I don't really hear her. A stool sample. UGH! I come home and tell Nick that I can't do it, he has to. He acts all tough and says sure, I can do it. I won't go into the details of how it is done. Lets just say, it doesn't affect the kid, and it is beyond DISGUSTING. To make a long story short, Nick can't do it. I realize I have to pull up my Mommy abilities that make me able to put up with all sorts of disgusting things in the name of love and do it myself.

So today I'm getting ready to put the kids to nap and Cara has a stinky diaper. I begin changing her and Johnley informs me that he has to go to the bathroom. Okay, wait, wait. I hurry with Cara, change her diaper and leave her to take care of Johnley. When Johnley is finished, I shoo him out to wash his hands in the other bathroom, close the door and do my thing. I'm not saying what I did, but it took a few minutes. Meanwhile Cara is calling "Mom, mom, mom," because I haven't put her pants on. I'm ignoring her because I'm a little busy so she comes to the door crying and banging on it. I finish what I'm doing and come out. She is in the middle of a major fit when I open the door and she instantly stops, goes back to where I was changing her diaper, and lays down. Because, dammit, she wants me to finish! Kids crack me up.

4 comments:

Roxanne said...

I love that Cara! She is going to do ok for herself- middle child or not. She knows what she wants and she's gonna get her way!
Poor , poor Johnley. And poor you.
It was sweet of Sammy to comfort him- I hope they both got a toy.

Aimee said...

Well, of course they both got a toy! And of course Johnley picked a little toy right away and Sammy agonized for 30 minutes on the decision, trying desperately to get me to spend more than the allotted $7! It was cute though, Sammy was VERY concerned. I love how they think because they say "Its gonna be okay", that the other kid should immediately stop crying!

pamajama said...

Come on now, this is J. I'm sure even his poop is cute and it smells like a yummy burrito from Baja Fresh.

I think you love Cara so much because she reminds you of yourself!

Roxanne said...

Hey Aimee- you've been tagged!!! (If you want to) Check out my blog for details.