Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Out with the old, in with the new

This weekend Nick and I were supposed to go to a wedding in Atlantic City and stay over. It was a very big deal. We had a babysitter for overnight, my girlfriend lent me some things to use. I headed out on Friday to get my nails done and my hair done (and let me tell you, THAT'S a big deal). And then my car died. That was the first bad sign. It wasn't enough that my dryer had called it quits on Tuesday and the part never came in. But for the car (that we knew was on the way out) had actually bite the dust was a little overwhelming. But no worries, we were still going. I would just have to go out on Sat and get my hair done.



Then Sammy got sick. He woke up in the middle of the night on Friday unable to breath. As any mother of a child with asthma can tell you, there is nothing like the helpless feeling of your child not being able to breath. He was still struggling on Saturday and we decided not to go. It so sucks to not go to a wedding when they are expecting you, but Nick couldn't go and leave me with no car on the chance that I had to take Sammy to the hospital. The wedding, btw, was for someone at Nicks work (he really needs to just decline these invites). So we didn't go. (Just to let you know how big a deal this was, I got 4 phone calls on Monday to see how my weekend was!)



So that the weekend wasn't a total bust, we bought a car! Yes that's right, we (and when I say we, I mean Nick) went to a car dealer and came home with a car. That's the only way to do it. I say, the sooner you realize the dealer is going to rip you off and just accept it, the better off you will be. So I found a used car on the Internet and liked the price and bought it. They actually gave us 500 for our car, can you believe it?



So here is a picture of the new beauty. I love it, love it, love it. Sammy is better now, my dryer is fixed, and all is right with the world.


Out with the old....


and in with the new....
Isn't she purdy?

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

She is purdy- LOVE the color!
I totally get the helpless feeling of watching your child struggle with asthma. Glad he's better.

pamajama said...

Congratulations! On the car, not the wheezing kid:(