Friday, January 18, 2008

Coming together

Sammy and Johnley are really playing together alot. It is an amazing thing to see develop. They are beginning to think of themselves as a team. Johnley is coming to his own too. He is now proud of getting dressed by himself, going to the bedroom by himself (Sammy is scared to do that) and drawing on the easel. He is very good. For a while after he got here he wanted me to do everything for him, probably because he never had anyone to do it, but now he is so proud of himself for being able to do it. He is beginning to believe, I guess, that he is getting his fair share, because he is less paranoid about anything Sammy gets. He used to be so worried about getting ripped off that he wouldn't even wait to hear a whole sentence, he would just start saying no.

The coolest thing tho, is that even when O comes over, he continues to play with Sammy. He used to step back a bit and hang with C, but now he is right there with the other boys, doing crazy power ranger stuff and all.

Yesterday the kids were playing on the top bunk and Sammy was facing the railing. Owen got mad at him for something and pushed him. Sammy actually did a flip and landed on his back on the floor. I am so glad I wasn't there to see it, because I would have had a heart attack. He wasn't hurt, tho, just scared. I imagine they will be a little more careful now, (at least for a little while.)

So Johnley is going to start getting immunizations today. I really don't have a choice, I have to get him immunized. I also have to take him to get a TB test. He has been immunized for TB, and will probably test positive and will have to be treated as if he has it, because there is no way of telling why the test was positive. The Doctor has been cool about my fears and is willing to go as slow as I want, and only giving one immunization at a time. I don't know what I would do if I had a choice, I would probably still get the immunizations, but I am not looking forward to it. Sammy had a follow up at the Dr. yesterday (all is well) and Johnley was a bit jealous that Sammy got to go with me and he didn't. So he is just kind of happy he is going with me tonight. Obviously doesn't know what a shot is because his response was "Okay, Mommy." He is going to learn real quick, tho. The next hundred times he goes to the doctor, he is getting a shot! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

pamajama said...

Okay, this is what I'm going to do. I'm buying a big bag of junk for Johnley and after every shot you tell him he gets a surprise and can pull something out of the bag. Whether you want to or not, this is what is going to happen!

I am very upset about this "flipping over the bunk" nonsense. I will be forced to come over to your house and hang out even MORE OFTEN if something like this should ever happen again.

Of course the boys are getting along well and playing together, because you managed to find the sweetest little Haitian in the world to come and live at your house.

You are so freaking lucky.