Thursday, October 18, 2007

3 stinking blocks

Aaarrrgggghhhh! This is so frustrating. Apparently the hold up is that the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) and the Consulate are at war with one another. The paperwork is at DHS. DHS says that the Consulate is supposed to pick it up. The Consulate says DHS is supposed to have it delivered. So it has been sitting there for 10 days!!!!!! The offices are only 3 blocks from each other, and yes, Nick tried to get them to let him deliver the papers himself - they, of course, refused.

I got the impression that because it wasn't done today, there is no way they can come home tomorrow. But Nick and Monsour are either very hopeful or in denial because the think it can still happen.

I was at a birthday party with the kids (of all places) when I found out, so I had my friend Sue and my brother Joe both look up our senators numbers and call them. They both came back with the name Patrick Lynott (#(973) 639 8700) who said that it was too late today to do anything about it and he would have to talk to Nick before he could do anything. I have to call him and try to get him to do something. Nick is not always able to get a call out. Btw, if anyone wants to call him, feel free.

Anyway, I'm very depressed and frustrated. Joe pointed out that this has been going on for two years and this seems like the first time it has gotten to me. He is right. I think it is partly because Johnley was sort of an abstract idea before now and partly because I am worried about Nick. He is really having a hard time down there.

But I guess I can only do what I can do and then it is what it is....

No comments: