Thursday, October 11, 2007

Two perfect words

Nick called today (I guess that is how my posts are going to start for the next two weeks!) and said he was exhausted - he had a mass of kids climbing all over him all day! He played soccer with them and just ran around. (and he's not that young, anymore (ok, I was going to write that he's not as young as he used to be, but duh! - some of the things we say really look stupid on paper, or screen as the case may be)). Anyway, we had packed all kinds of little goodies for Johnley, but Nick was advised to just bring a few things yesterday, so he brought a little Diego bouncy ball and a pair of sneakers that light up. Those things are so common here, and our kids are so spoiled, that no one even notices anymore. Well Johnley thought they were the coolest things ever.... he spent hours jumping around showing everyone his light-up sneakers. Nick said between those and the ball, that's all we needed. He couldn't believe how much fun those kids had with that ball.

Anyway, the highlight of my day (week, year) was when Nick put Johnley on the phone and he said "bonjour mommy". Aaaah! It was so great. I happened to be at Roxanne's house and I had it on speaker - she started crying! It was wonderful. I talked to Nick again a little while later and could hear Johnley just yelling and laughing. Roxanne is right, he is going to have such a wonderful bond with Nick by the time he comes back. Its really so perfect, because once Nick goes back to work, the kids are with me all the time, we have ALL kinds of time to bond! But Sammy loooooves his daddy. He lives for the moment when his dad comes through the door. Actually, he starts everyday with "does my dad have work today?" and so now Johnley will probably feel the same way.

Life is good.

4 comments:

pamajama said...

This was such a great post . . . It makes me crazy, though, to think about how much our kids get throughout the year, when they would be happier with much less. Who can find the toy you're looking for when it's under 412 other things?

Hearing his voice must have been just incredible!

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo happy for you Aimee. Life is GOOD...

Roxanne said...

Sweetest voice I've ever heard!!!
Sending love from England! John says Hi.

Anonymous said...

I have tears in my eyes. Life is GOOD!

Roxanne, how is Europe, so far?

Love,
Megan