Friday, October 5, 2007

The day before the day before he leaves

Today I have to make a photo album for Nick to take. The whole idea of Johnley has been so abstract for me that I haven't given it the attention it deserves. I had sent one photo album before, but that was it. What does a 4 year old child living in an orphanage in a poor country need to see in a photo album? That question has kept me from doing anything, including sending gifts. What do you send a little boy you haven't met? Who may not know about you yet? (Well, I'm sure he does now, but not for the last two years). I don't know if having a 4 year old here at home has made it harder or easier on me. I think about the things I buy Sammy and I don't think any of them would be appropriate for Johnley. Does he really need a sword from the dollar store?

So I just haven't done anything. I have just been counting on taking care of him when he gets here... now I wonder if that is enough. I wish there was an instruction manual on all this.

Anyway, today I have to make a photo album. I also have to buy sheets and tennis shoes. Tomorrow, we have to figure out everything that needs to be packed for Nick and for Johnley. My list so far consists of a photo album, a bathing suit, and swimmies! I am guessing I will have to pack more than that!

I found out the resort that Nick will be staying in as an actual RESORT! I am now jealous! I want to go to a resort, with pristine beaches and fruity drinks!

No comments: