Thursday, October 18, 2007

my life

okay, so I have two kids at home at the present time. I also babysit for my niece Erin's two children O (4) and C (18mos.) three days a week. On Tuesdays we have to be out of the house by 8:20 to make to T's art class. Most of our other outings are later, but occasionally we have weeks where we have to get out of the house early every day...or at least it seems like it. So you are getting kids up, fed, washed, teeth brushed and in the carseats...no mean feat. This week in addition to Tuesday's class, we had a 9 am appt. for Taishaunas orthodontist on Wednesday. While I didn't have O and C, I still had to get two kids up and out. (The good news is T got the braces of her top teeth! Yeah!!!) Now, frequently, when we go somewhere, we need to pack drinks and snacks and possibly toys...its an adventure to say the least.

Anyway, today, Thursday, Sammy had a 9am Dentist appt. about 40 minutes away. Today I have O and C. O was the grumpiest I have EVER seen him and Sammy wasn't much better. There were meltdowns before we left the house, a fight upon getting into the car and an attempted fist fight in the car. (I say attempted because they couldn't actually reach each other!) We are running late (of course) and we get on the parkway and come to an immediate halt. Traffic is backed up for miles. When I am within two miles of my exit (and not moving at all) I decide to call the dentist as I am already 5 minutes late. Of course I don't have his number, so I call my brother and ask him to look up the number and call. Well.

He calls me back and tells me that it is no problem I am late because he wasn't scheduled at all!!!!! And it takes me another FORTY minutes to get to the exit so I can turn around!

Yep, thats my life!

1 comment:

pamajama said...

This story is so much funnier than the experience must have been! I have gone to dentist appointments twice when they weren't scheduled. Anxiety!

This will all be better when the third 4-year old arrives.

(Hysterical laugher in background)