Monday, October 22, 2007

Help from the government.

Last week Joe contacted someone from the Senators office to help us in Haiti. He told Joe that he would have to talk to me or Nick before he could do anything. Before I talked to him, I learned that the papers had traveled where they should have, so I never called. Apparently he took it upon himself to call the consulate, and now we are being punished. They are pissed off and decided that they would not begin the paperwork with copies as they have in the past, but needed the originals. Monsour delivered the originals this morning and was told not to call again, that he would be contacted when they were ready to schedule an appointment.

So now we are stuck, not a damn thing we can do. We have no idea if they are going to schedule an appointment today, tomorrow or not until friday. Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!

3 comments:

pamajama said...

OMG -- I am so sorry to hear this! I am wondering what I would want to do in your situation and none of it would be helpful whatsoever.

I will buy you an ice cream sundae when I get home. With a whiskey chaser.

xo
pjw

Anonymous said...

WOW is all I can say. When Nick and Johnley finally get home I think we should all have a whiskey chaser. Hang in there, soon they will be home. Nick must be flipping out by now.....

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.