Monday, October 8, 2007

Packing


These are the items we had for Fontana Village. Most of them we bought, but some was collected by friends. Jane and Sue came over with a ton of toys for the kids, great stuff, like bubbles and jump ropes and light-up necklaces! It was great! It made the whole process seem more like a group effort...it takes a village thing.

We spent quite a bit of time trying to get them into suitcases without going over the weight limit. (Of course we had to squeeze in a few items for Nick, thank goodness he knows how to travel light!) After packing and repacking about 6 times, we were able to fit everything in except some play-doh and some marbles.

We ended up with two suitcases weighing exactly 50 lbs. and one carry-on bag. The carry on was actually under the weight limit but bursting at the seams.

I think we got everything we were supposed to. I really wanted to get a backpack and a stuffed animal for Johnley, but I think we got enough to keep him happy and busy while Nick is there. We did get sheets and shoes for the kids, which is what they said they needed. We bought a whole bunch of clothes of various sizes and styles, hopefully it can all be used. We got candles and lotions for the staff. I had wanted to get dishtowels but I ran out of time. It all seemed so critical at the time, but in retrospect I guess it wasn't as big an issue as I felt. (how many times have I realized THAT sentiment too late!)

Any way all packed and ready to go...and we still had five hours left to try and get some sleep!

No comments: