Friday, October 19, 2007

first night

So in the midst of all the drama, last night was the first night Nick spent alone with Johnley. Of course, Nick is a man, so all I got was, "It went good!" But upon further questioning, I got a little bit more information. Johnley is fascinated with everything. He played with the phone for about 30 minutes when they got to the hotel. He didn't want to go in the pool, and once outside, didn't want to go inside. He is also fascinated with the toiletry bag, which of course he can't play with. He slept well, they went and ate breakfast this morning, and right now he is pouting because Nick wouldn't let him play with the power cord! That's what he does when you tell him no for anything, he pouts and won't talk to you anymore!

Nick says as far as the consulate goes, he is done listening to Monsour and being nice. He said he is going to go down there with Johnley and bug them until they get sick of him. He said "At this point, I don't give a shit about the people adopting after us, I just want to get him on the plane!" I must admit, I feel the same way. We haven't heard a peep from the adoption agency during all this, and from my understanding, we should have been able to leave a week ago. We have put up with the bullshit for over two years and we are done!

2 comments:

pamajama said...

I think you've been very patient! It certainly doesn't sound like you've gotten a lot of tremendous assistance along the way . . .

A year from now this will all be one more bump in the road. Don't let them get you down:)

My suggestion: Dance! Laugh hysterically! Anything but the blasted nicotine:)

Anonymous said...

Smoke, smoke, smoke! I am an enabler. I would turn to the NICOTINE, a couple of days won't kill you.

Love,
MEgan