Tuesday, October 9, 2007

perspective

I just found out that Johnley's birth mother has been visiting about once a month. She went back to the village after the interview to say her final goodbye today. Wow. I had no idea she has been keeping in touch. It really makes the things I worry about seem so inconsequential. What does it take for a mother to choose the loss of her son so he can have a better life? Really she is just a child. Nick said there were lots of tears. He took pictures with the Polaroid to give to her (thank goodness he brought it). He promised to send pictures and letters regularly for her.

So not only is God lending us this child to love, but his birth mother is literally lending him to us to love. And not only do I owe it to God to treasure this child, but I owe it to her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are moments in life where my faith in the universe is renewed. This is one of them. :)
Love & Joy to you & your family!

Anonymous said...

Aimee, This is so amazing. You are truly so blessed. Thank you for sharing this on your blog.

Love,
Megan