Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Celebrating Motherhood

Last night my friends and I got together to celebrate Johnley coming. It was such a beautiful night. The weather was perfect. Jen (the hostest with the mostest!) had a table set up outside with lots of flowers and candles. She cooked a delicious meal and we just sat for over four hours talking and laughing. Everyone gave me gifts, which was wonderful (even tho I hate being the center of attention!), but the love and energy I felt was beyond words. We are all homeschoolers and while there was such diversity among our children's ages and needs, there was a common, powerful sense of motherhood. There is a sense of strength, and at the same time, vulnerability, that comes with motherhood and when we gather it multiplies exponentially. They all helped me celebrate in such a beautiful way, and I am very grateful. The gifts were personal and heartfelt and meaningful. It was such a perfect way to begin this last stage of Johnley's journey home. I feel truly blessed to belong to such a group.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Wow! - What beautiful flowers!
;0)

Anonymous said...

I am still high on life, from Sunday evening! WOW! You woman are so amazing. The energy, around that table, was so strong and beautiful. I
didn't want to leave. I am so happy to have such lovely woman in my life. I was truly honored to be invited.

Thank you!
Love,
Megan